Experienced E/M coder with both pro-fee and facility experience in the emergency department setting to accurately code ER type accounts.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Compliantly follow all applicable federal and state regulatory mandates, laws, rules and regulations, coding guidelines & coding requirements of all third party payers and generally accepted principles within the coding industry and/or profession regarding the coding of hospital emergency department visits and services which are in force and which may hereinafter be in force in a non-discriminatory manner (without regard to race, sex, age, ethnic origin, religion and sexual orientation).
• Maintain an accuracy rate of 95% coding performance or better
• Adhere to internal controls and reporting structure
• Participate in roundtable reviews, practice exercises and CDI program for ongoing coder education
• Monitor and report documentation trends among physicians on all assigned accounts
• Report issues pertaining to workflow or systems access to corporate office as necessary
• Direct all client correspondence received not pertaining to chart inquiries to immediate supervisor for review and response
• Works on multiple IT platforms, including Electronic Medical Records, Encoders, as well as PresidioHealth and client IT systems
• All DeliverHealth employees must follow the organization’s privacy and information security policies, processes and standards. There are no exceptions to this expectation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• The ability to work in a secure environment with minimal distractions and a reliable high-speed internet connection
• Flexible & detail-oriented
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• Quality conscious and adaptable to change while reviewing charts for compliance assigning appropriate level of service, diagnosis, procedure and supply codes in accordance with the CPT, ICD-10-CM & HCPCS coding manuals
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
CCS, CCS-P or CPC certification; CEDC certification highly preferred or
• 3 to 5 years experience in Medical Coding
Please note, this is an Office-Based opening for Bengaluru and Chennai
For 'Immediate Joinees' joining bonus will be offered